Welcome to another OddLearning post!
We will be adding one more recipe to our Dessert category.
This time we bring you the easy and delicious Berry Tart Recipe!
You can find it with many names like; Triple-Berry, Three-Berry or Mixed-Berry Tart, different names, same recipe.
Let’s get to it, you are going to need.
- For the filling;
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened.
- 1 cup whipping cream.
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Berries on top;
- 1 cup Blueberries.
- 1 cup Blackberries.
- 1 cup Raspberries.
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of Strawberry Jam.
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice.
- For the crust;
- 8 oz of Sweet Crackers.
- 1/3 – 1/2 of Butter melted.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- When adding the lemon juice to the filling mix, make sure to try after the first tablespoon. Sometimes the juice can be quite acid and not checking it during the preparation could ruin your tart!
- The berries listed are just a suggestion, you might not like one of them so feel free to change them up. As long as you use the basic filling tart recipe the topping fruits could be any!
- Cherries go well with this combination, if you want to add them as the fourth berry, just change the measures to 3/4 cup each.
- The jam can be changed as well, but try to use one flavored jams, as you do not want to overload with sweetness to the point of becoming inedible.
- For the sweet crackers I usually use the Mexican “Maria” cookies, they have mild sweetness and are perfect for the crust. In case, you don’t know or can’t find those, the closest ones in flavor are animal crackers.
- I have modified some things on this recipe from the one I learned, one of them is the use of margarine. I do NOT recommend the use of margarine on anything, especially on desserts, it can change the creamy rich flavor.
- When preparing the glaze, you can do it on a saucepan or in the microwave. I will write the saucepan method in the preparations and in case, you plan to use the microwave, make sure to place the jam in a microwavable bowl (No aluminum!!) for 20 – 30 seconds or until warm and then add the orange juice.
- Preheat oven at 350F
- Prepare the crust;
- Crush the crackers. You can do it on a blender or food processor until crumbs are finely ground.
- Place ground crackers on a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients for the crust. (Butter-2tbs Sugar-Cinnamon)
- Now on an ungreased 9-inch Springform pan, press the mixture in the bottom and the sides.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until getting that beautiful golden brown color.
- Set it aside to cool. (It takes around 15 – 25 min.)
- Prepare the Filling;
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, the 1/2 cup of sugar and the lemon juice. (If you don’t have a hand-mixer you can do it on a blender at the lowest speed)
- While mixing start adding the whipping cream, once it’s all in, beat on high speed 3 to 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Spread your mixture in your cooled of tart shell and refrigerate 2 – 3 hrs.
- Prepare the berries;
- Arrange your selection of berries on your chilled tart.
- Prepare the Glaze;
- Warm up the jam on a small saucepan, make sure it’s at the lowest heat, because if it boils, it will be a nightmare to clean.
- Stir constantly and slowly add the orange juice. Make sure to mix it well.
- Once your glaze is ready, brush over your berries.
And there you have it!
Way easier than our past recipe but still delicious in it’s own way!
What do you think?
We hope you try this recipe out! If you want more recipes please let us know in the comments!
For more awesome content click here!