Welcome to another OddLearning Recipe!
Today we are happy to bring a delicious Margarita Recipe.
A margarita is a cocktail consisting of tequila, triple sec, and lime juice often served with salt on the rim of the glass.
The drink is served shaken with ice (on the rocks), blended with ice (frozen margarita), or without ice (straight up).
Said to have been invented in 1938 by Carlos “Danny” Herrera at his restaurant Rancho La Gloria, halfway between Tijuana and Rosarito, Mexico
Its very easy to make, so why not give it a try?
We will teach you the simple steps to make this delicious drink at home
So let’s get to it!
First the ingredients you are going to need:
- 1 ounces of Lime juice
- 2 oz of Tequila
- 1 oz of Cointreau (Orange flavoured liqueur)
- 1/2 oz of Agave Syrup
- Salt and lime wedges. (For rimming the glass)
- Freshly squeezed lime juice is the key ingredient. Margaritas in Mexico are generally made with Mexican limes, instead of the thick skinned used in most places. These Mexican limes are small, thin-skinned and have more juice, sometimes bitter, but that’s what complements the margaritas so well.
- This recipe is the Original margarita, but you can experiment adding different types of liqueurs. Like blue curacao thus making the blue margarita, dont be afraid to try!
- If you want to make a Frozen Margarita, follow the same steps, but instead of pouring it on ice, pour it on crushed ice.
- You can do this with a regular blender, but if you want to crush the ice finely like a smoothie and keep it frozen, there is different specialized blenders that can do it!
- You can see some examples below;
- Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge. Leaving some lime segments helps so the salt sticks to the glass.
- Now sprinkle some salt on it till the rim is covered.
- In a shaker, pour all the ingredients and start shaking. (Including ice, or crushed ice, or none)
- Carefully pour on glass, making sure not to rinse the lime and salt into the drink.
As you can see, it does not take a lot to make your own Margaritas at home, You don’t even need a shaker as long as you have a blender, or a container where you can shake them up 😉
What do you think? Are you going to give this recipe a try? Do you have any suggestions? Please Let us know on the comments!
We will continue to bring more OddRecipes, we hope you come back soon!
For more awesome content click here!