Welcome to another OddLearning Recipe!
Today we are happy to bring a delicious MOJITO Recipe.
Mojito is a traditional Cuban drink, a cocktail that consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water, and mint. (Plus ICE)
Those are all the Ingredient you are going to need to make it!
We will only help you out telling you the measurement for each, so give it a try!
And Let’s get to it!
- 1 1/2 ounces of white rum.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 1 or 1/2 lime cut into wedges.
- 1/2 cup of soda / carbonated water.
- 13 fresh mint leaves.
- Ice Cubes
Think of any mojito recipe as your base, once you try it, modify it to your taste buds. Personally I enjoy it with 13 mint leaves specifically and I tend to add more lime juice as it feels more refreshing.
I Have heard that adding ginger ale instead of soda can give it a nice touch. I haven’t personally tested it so i cannot recommend.
You can squish the lime, place the wedges in or crush it with the mint leaves. There is not wrong way!
Raspberry Mojitos are Delicious, and the only thing you need to do is add fresh raspberries and crush them before pouring the ice, isn’t that great?
- First place your lime wedges and mint leaves into a thick bottomed glass.
- With a muddler, crush the lime and mint. This will release the oils and juice. Let it rest for 2 minutes so the flavours start to combine.
- Now add more lime and the sugar, use the muddle again. Be gentle enough so you won’t strain your mixture.
- Fill your glass about 3/4 with Ice.
- Pour the rum over the Ice.
- Now, slowly pour your soda a.ka. carbonated water. Take your time, you don’t want the soda to overflow.
- Stir and taste it. I you feel it need a little bit more of something just add it.
And there you go! Easy, refreshing and delicious!
What do you think? Are you ready to make you own Mojitos at home?
We hope you like this recipe, we will continue to bringing more for you.
If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Or, if there is any recipe you would like for us to write we would be delighted to do so.
For more awesome content click here!