Welcome to another OddLearning post!
Today we will share our reviews on different Sunscreens for Sensitive Skins.
If you struggled like me trying to find a sunscreen that will protect your skin without the side effects like rashes, irritation, inflammation and profuse sweating, then this post is for you!
The reason we use sunscreen is to reduce the odds of suffering the negative side effects exposure to sunlight has.
But, how useful can sunscreen be if it becomes a bigger problem?
Before writing the sunscreen reviews we want to point out some of the pros and cons sunlight has in our health.
The positive is that it’s a great source of vitamin D3, necessary for strengthening our bones. Research has also found that a healthy amount of sunlight can prevent the growth of some types of cancers and more.
But too much of anything can result fatal.
Long term sunlight exposure has been associated with the development of skin cancer, increased skin aging and multiple eye diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
UV rays, and therefore sunlight and sunlamps, are the only listed carcinogens that are known to have health benefits, and a number of public health organizations state that there needs to be a balance between the risks of having too much sunlight or too little.
There is a general consensus that sunburn should always be avoided.
We have a primal instinct to protect ourselves from the rays of sun, just as many animals today it is said our ancestors used mud to do so.
The first synthetic sunscreens were first used in 1928, but first major commercial product was brought to market in 1936, introduced by the founder of L’Oreal, French chemist Eugene Schueller.
Enough history let us move on to the reviews!
Let’s start with:
Andre Lorent Daily Rehydrating Sunscreen.
This is the perfect everyday Sunscreen.
It prevents sun damage, moisturizes your skin, and reverses the signs of aging.
One of the things i like about it is that is also paraben free and hypoallergenic, which means it’s safe for even the most sensitive of skin types.
It doesn’t feel like a sunscreen at all, is super light and even it’s scent is of a natural beauty product.
Its price is very reasonable considering its effectiveness and the amount per bottle.
Everyone in your family could use it.
- Vitamin B – Retains moisture in the skin to prevent dryness or flaking.
- Vitamin C – Combats free radicals from UV rays to prevent skin damage and age spots. Helps to boost natural collagen production.
- Vitamin E – A vital antioxidant that helps prevent free radical damage to skin tissues.
- Seaweed Extract – Provides natural protection against UVA/UVB rays.
- Orchid Extract – Regulates pigmentation for an even skin tone while rehydrating surface of the skin.
- Algae Extract – Supports rapid cell renewal by delivering a wealth of amino acids, proteins, minerals and vitamins to the skin.
- Papaya Extract – Improves the tone and texture of skin while clearing away dead or damaged cells.
If you decided to try any of the sunscreens we listed, we truly recommend you go for this one.
Our next one is heavy duty:
Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50.
It does not contain oxybenzone, which is the chemical that is associated with allergic reactions triggered by sun exposure.
It absorbs quickly without leaving your skin oily or sticky.
It comes as lotion, spray and stick! Not to mention it’s very economic.
(Sensitive skin products tend to be pricier)
I use this one when I will spend a lot of time outdoors, if you love hiking or going cycling I recommend this one.
As quoted in Amazon:
- Designed to stay on strong when you sweat, this high-performance sunscreen protects you from the sun with a durable and water-resistant formula (80 minutes) that leaves a light, breathable feeling on your skin. Use and reapply as directed.
- Delivering broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, this sunscreen is water resistant (80 minutes) and won’t run into your eyes and sting. Protects your skin from up to 98% of the sun’s most damaging UV rays.
- Contains moisturizers and Vitamin E to refuel your skin’s antioxidant defense.
- Depend on this tough sunscreen for outdoor activities where every moment counts, whether it’s at the big game, the jobsite, running or cycling.
Check them out!
Our next Sunscreen, also from Coppertone is:
Coppertone ULTRA GUARD Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30.
It absorbs quickly without leaving that oily sensation.
I tend not to use this one if I’m going to get in water, as it dissolves very quickly.
Its description claims its water resistant for up to 80 min but I noticed by 40 min I had to reapply which sometimes was a hassle if i did not remember.
I always go for 30 to 50 SPF as the 70 does have a stronger smell which tends to bother.
Ideal if you are at home doing some yard work or enjoying the sun for short periods of time!
As quoted in Amazon:
- Stops up to 97% of damaging UV rays. Protect your skin while in the sun with this broad-spectrum formula.
- Delivering water-resistant UVA/UVB protection for (80 minutes), this sunscreen doesn’t feel greasy on your skin.
- Nourish and hydrate your skin with moisturizers and Vitamin E.
- Apply whenever your day takes you outside, whether it’s a picnic at the park, catching the big game, or working out in the yard.
Feel free to check it out!
Kiss My Face Sunscreen Sensitive Side 3 in 1 with Oat Protein Complex, SPF 30 Sunblock.
I’ve tried their deodorant, anti stress shower gel and their whenever conditioner, all very gentle on skin.
It contains a lot of great natural ingredients such as Aloe vera, sunflower oil, green tea, cucumber and more.
The downside to it is that you will need to reapply more often than with others.
Also, if you get in water not only will it dissolve quickly but it tends to leave a weird slippery texture.
This sunblock does not leave a white residue, so it’s perfect for all skin shades. 😀
As others, this sunscreen come in a spray version but it is not as effective as the lotion.
As quoted on Amazon:
- Practice safe sun with this Vegan & Cruelty Free, soothing sunscreen blended with Oat Protein & Safflower-based Hydresia.
- Broad Spectrum spf30 protection & Water Resistant for 80 minutes
- Non-irritating, ultra-moisturizing formula that’s great for soothing sun-exposed skin.
- Vegan, Cruelty Free, Oxybenzone Free, Paraben Free, Gluten Free & Phthalate Free. Leaping Bunny Certified.
If you are allergic to Oats, please do not use it!!!!
Last but not least for this post is:
Coppertone Defend & Care Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50
You can’t go wrong with Coppertone, they continue to bring a wide variety of sunscreens and i have yet to try them all.
I bought this one for my son as he has extremely sensitive skin and most of the sunscreens made for children gave him allergic reactions.
Its safe to use for children 6 months and older.
Is a zinc based product, oxybenzone free!
It takes a little while for skin to absorb it but if you continue rubbing it, it won’t leave any oily residue.
As quoted on Amazon:
- Hypoallergenic and made with a mineral-based zinc oxide formula that’s free of dyes, oils, and alcohol, this sunscreen won’t irritate sensitive skin.
- Keep your pores clear and avoid breakouts with this specially-designed sunscreen that delivers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and is water resistant (80 minutes).
- Stops up to 98% of damaging UV rays. Defend your skin against the sun’s rays with this sunscreen that helps maintain vibrant, healthy-looking skin.
- Apply whenever your day takes you outside, on your morning commute, running errands, or spending a day at the beach with friends and family.
As in any other health post we ask you to take precautions, as everybody is different and what might work for some could be harmful to others.
We have tried over 30 different Sunscreens and these 5 have brought us the most pleasant results.
We might make another post to list a few more of the good ones or warn you of the most devastating ones.
If you have any questions or you would like to share your experience finding the right sunscreen, please let us know in the comments!
We hope you have a lovely weekend!
For more awesome content click her!